Okay, I had a great day yesterday! My nieces Dana and Elishia had planned a surprise birthday party for their mom, my sister-in-law Liz. We arrived at her house for mimosa's and bagles and surprised Liz. Liz watched a video tribute to her, made by a good friend of hers and then we went outside to the Cadallic Escalade stretch limo. Seventeen women piled inside and we drove to Temecula to go wine tasting. The first stop brought us to lunch and we had some good food and a great view of the vineyards.
Then we moved on to the first winery. We wine tasted some good stuff. I particularly liked the chocolate port, and the almond champange. At the second winery, Faulkner Winery, my favorite was a Reisling, it was so refreshing and fruity. I bought a bottle of that to take home and share with Mike. By the third winery I was feeling a little tired so I only had two more tastings, as I was afraid 5 would knock me out! We took lots of pictures before moving on the limo for the return trip home.
On the way home stories about Liz were read out loud for all to hear and enjoy. She opened some presents and we all had cupcakes. It was a perfect day! I truly enjoyed the whole experience! Thanks to Dana and Elishia for organizing the whole thing perfectly.
Today is Dana's 21st birthday! So Happy Birthday Dana! We love you!!
sounds fun! Aren't vineyards just beautiful? Elisha and Dana are too! Wow they have really grown up in 10 + years.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a great time! I love all the pictures. Reisling is my favorite too! You'll have to read my funny story about my $13 dollar glass of Reisling on our Anniversary date! Too funny! Love the blog..keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteLove ya--Christine