Friday, August 1, 2008

Southern California

Well we arrived in Southern California a little after midnight. Kids suddenly sprung to life after snoozing for about 2 1/2 hours. All I wanted to do was go to sleep. They all wanted to meet and greet. Fortunately most were asleep in the house, so there weren't too many to meet and greet with. We all slept in one room together. Mike and I in the bed, the kids on the floor on blankets, Maddie in her usual night time position...reclining on Sulley! She kept getting up and kissing me! It was sweet, but again, I was tired. I think she was a little out of sorts and unsure, so it made her feel better to get up and kiss my arm over and over again. She finally laid down and slept around 1:30am.

I woke around 7:30am to start the day. It so nice to see everyone, and the kids have a great time. Maddie at one point started hugging Grandma Mandel and then she'd run off and a few seconds later turn around and hug her again. It was so sweet. It really made me glad she can have this time with her Grandma. I really loved my Grandma, and miss her a lot. My kids are lucky to have two wonderful grandma's.

*Note for Picture below, where Maddie is sitting on Grandma's lap. Maddie was playing mom and baby with Grandma...Grandma had to be the baby! It was pretty funny!

This afternoon, I got a call from TMO, saying our stuff we requested from storage was not only out, but in a truck in Monterey and the driver wanted to deliver it now!! What?? Needless to say we aren't there, so they'll have to wait till Monday. In the mean time the driver said he will hang out in San Francisco and deliver on Monday morning! I hope my stuff arrives in one piece and not covered in Mold. **Fingers crossed**

So at this point I am gettting ready to head out on a date. Mike and I haven't gone out without kids since the day before he left for Iraq over 6 months ago! I'm excited for grown up time. We are going to go out for drinks and maybe and appetizer and just talk. Nice!

Well nothing profound here, its just a good day with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know that you're reading my posts. So please leave a comment!