Happy Birthday Nathan!
Nathan had a Cars themed birthday. We just had a little party for him at home with his family. He enjoyed it and we all had a great time. He had been saying that he wanted a Cars cake for the last few weeks. So I decided we'd just go with it.
I got a Cars banner and table cloth and we got a big bunch of balloons. I made a Lightning McQueen out of a box. He ended up on the middle of the table, but he was something Nathan could slip over his head and "drive" around.
Nathan preferred to race around the house without the box car around him. I'm sure he was much faster that way. The kids held races through the house. He loved this!
Nathan really was looking forward to having some balloons at his birthday party. He immediately declared the green one his.
Here's a shot of the cake. It was just a yellow cake with whipped icing. He loved it as you will see in pictures below.
I had Mike take a photo of me. That way there is proof I was there! You can see Nathan was far more interested in the cake than he was in taking a photo.
Nathan painted with his icing for a bit before actually eating it.
For presents he got a water table, a foam sword, a sprinker, and the Cars 2 movie.
Oh, I almost forgot! Nathan also got this Thomas the Train chair. Mike bought it for him.
Noah played "Happy Birthday" on the clarinet, while Grace sang.
Despite it being a little rainy out, Nathan wanted to use the water table. So we set it up for him. He loves it. We've used it everyday since.
After the water play we all watched Cars 2.














Sounds fun....enjoy that Thomas chair :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a very sweet 2nd birthday celebration! Noah and Grace's Happy Birthday performance also looked sweet. Looks like he had the perfect 2nd birthday!
ReplyDeleteWow! That kid had quite the haul! :) Looks like a fun day for everyone!
ReplyDelete