Monday, May 23, 2011

The Water Table Project

Here's how the water table looked when we were given it.  My neighbor passed on her 3 dollar garage sale table to us.  It was well loved and in a bad state.  Functional but not cute.
So I cleaned it up with bleach and water then I sanded parts that needed it.  I had to take a razor blade to some areas where tree sap had been stuck to it for some time.  I should have taken a photo after cleaning, it looked much better just with the cleaning.

I bought two cans of this creamy white color.  I wanted to use a aqua blue, but they didn't have that color so I went for this nice neutral color. I didn't want a primary color.  This turned out way better than I thought it would.  I haven't had good results with plastic paint in the past.  I think because I took the time to prep it and it was old and faded it worked better.  I bought a umbrella at target for 9.99 and stuck it in one of the holes at the top.  All in all I spent about 20 dollars to fix it up.  Not too bad!


Nathan loves it and the girls love to play with it too!

2 comments:

  1. Water tables are great and make for hours of fun! I need one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and your work looks tremendous!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know that you're reading my posts. So please leave a comment!