Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010

Merry Christmas friends and family!
We have had a busy and exciting 2010. 

Here's the quick summary...



Last Christmas we had just found out that we were expecting a little boy. We were still living in Monterey, CA.

We spent the time leading up to Nathan's arrival in various ways.

1. preparing for our move to Virginia

2. homeschooling the kids

3. I was busy with my photography business

4. Mike was busy working on his Masters.

I planned the kids homeschooling schedule in such a way as to finish them up before baby Nathan was born.  Mike finished up work on his masters program.  Grace received the sacrament of reconciliation and received her first Communion.

On May 14th we welcomed Nathan into the world! We baptized him on Pentecost Sunday when my mom and dad were in town. Nathan is an amazing little boy!  The kids love him so much.  We all do! We thank God for the gift he's given us.  Another baby is such a blessing.



We moved to Virginia in June and settled into our old house.  We made a few upgrades... we finished the basement and added a granite countertop in our kitchen.  We even added a few more cabinets and bar seating.  It's really nice and so functional!



Mike is working at Quantico Marine Corps Base. He seems to like the job so far, it's pretty different from anything he's done before, but it is a good job to transition to after he retires from the Marine Corps. He's a program analyst.  He crunches a lot of numbers!  He's good at it, but I on the other hand would not be.



We found a nice Catholic school for Noah and Grace to attend, St. Patrick.  Noah is 11 and in the 5th grade, Grace is 8 and in the 2nd grade.  They both seem to enjoy school and are doing very well!  Noah even made the honor roll! He is also in a battle of the books group, so he has been reading constantly. Grace has enjoyed making new friends.  She has been doing well in school!  She writes beautifully now and is a pretty good speller. Noah and Grace both started Tae Kwon Do this summer and are now yellow belts!



Madison stays home with me and Nathan and  is a big help with Nathan. He loves her and finds most things she does to be pretty funny!  She can't wait to start Kindergarten next year. I will miss her, I'm still on the fence when it comes to home schooling her. She really wants to go to St. Patrick though.



Nathan is 7 months old and he is crawling, sitting up on his own and pulling up on things.  He has one tooth poking through and is so full of energy and curiosity.  He is a joy to have around.  He is going to keep me on my toes!



I am busy with the day to day stuff of life.  I drive kids to school and pick them up, I feed and cloth kids, I wash the clothes and the kids,  I clean the house, feed the dog, take the dog out, shop for groceries, make lunch, make dinner, nurse the baby...you get the point.  I have managed to take photos for a few people here and there, but it's pretty hard to do right now when Nathan is so young.



Well, that's our summary...



Merry Christmas!

I hope your family has a very happy new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know that you're reading my posts. So please leave a comment!