Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day




I spent Memorial Day in San Francisco. We stayed the night at an Embassy Suites on Sunday night and then toured San Fran on Monday. We drove down Lombard Street, "crookedest street in the world", and we drove through Golden Gate Park and stopped at and drove through the Presidio. We then stopped at the San Francisco National Park to actually observe Memorial Day. We explained to the kids that they should be respectful and quiet. I told them that these were men and women that died in service to their country. Mike and I were looking around, and I had started to snap a few pictures. When Mike said, "look". I turned around to see the girls kneeling in prayer before a tombstone. It was so amazing to see. My two little girls really understanding what the day was all about, and offering prayers for these brave soldiers. I of course took some photos. Grace continued to move from tombstone to tombstone with Maddie in tow. Noah eventually joined in as well.

I hope you all had a great Memorial day. We enjoyed ours.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know that you're reading my posts. So please leave a comment!