It's back to school days! I really am glad. It's kind of ironic, that most people are excited for back to school for a totally different reason than I am. Most moms look forward to the break from the kids and the quiet time it brings. I on the other hand am excited for the good, organized, quality time it brings. My summers are chaotic, good, but chaotic. School is organized and provides a good daily routine. It's a way to have fun and interact with my kids in a educational way. I'm so lucky to be able to have this time with my kids. When I think of how much I would have missed out on, if I sent Noah to school, it's amazing to me. I taught my son to read, I have taught him everything up to this point, and I must say, he's doing well.
The program I'm using this year is www.k12.com and in my case California pays for it. We are using the California Virtual Academy. So far I am thrilled with this new program. It's really the best of both worlds. It's all done for you, so you just administer the program, it's somewhat online based, which is really convenient. The schedule is online, and assessments are taken online too. The kids are exposed to technology and Noah will even be learning some word processing this year. I love the art and music programs, as well as the Spanish that Noah is taking. It's flexible too, allowing you to move through lessons that your child already knows or go slower if the child needs more time.
We took a few pictures of the girls making their princess crowns. We read The Frog Prince together and then made the crowns, later we acted out the story. It really was fun.
Well, I have to run. Time to get ready for tomorrow and go to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to know that you're reading my posts. So please leave a comment!