1. Where do you live? And why do you live there?
I live in Fredericksburg, Virginia. We live here because my husband is in the Marines and we were stationed here. However, we are soon to retire, (this summer) so if we stay here it will be out of choice. We do like it here. We are open to moving though. So we'll see. It's ultimately going to be where the job takes us.
2. What are you currently watching and/or reading?
I am reading the third book in the Divergent Serious, called, Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I really enjoyed the first two books. This third one is not as thrilling. I must admit, I enjoy reading fiction. I enjoy reading what Noah is reading. We read pretty much the same books so we can discuss them. He just finished The 5th Wave, I think that will be my next read. He devoured it and really, really, enjoyed it.
3. What kind of Catholic are you: cradle, or convert? (Or considering?)
I'm a cradle Catholic. Though I would say that I have come to a much better understanding of my faith in the last 5 years.
4. Can you point to one moment or experience that made you a practicing Catholic? (Or want to be?)
As a cradle Catholic, I've always been practicing. I would say that my Dad began to understand his faith better and he passed that along to us kids about 5 years ago. That helped me to fully embrace and understand my Catholic faith.
5. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
I have probably around 20 pairs. I haven't counted. I will say that a good number of those shoes were given to me by my mom when she decided she no longer wanted or needed them. So I really don't buy myself shoes that often. I love a comfortable boot in the winter and I love a comfy flip flop in the summer.
6. Are you a good dancer?
No, not really. I've never really been comfortable on the dance floor. I did however manage to pull off being a member of the Cardinal Singers in High School. We had to dance and sing. I had to work a little harder at it than the rest of the members, but I'm determined.
7. Who usually drives, you or your husband?
My husband usually drives. However, I do drive occasionally and he doesn't mind. I like to drive if we're going through the drive thru. He can't handle ordering for all the kids. I pretty much know what they want without asking them. I can handle them all yelling orders at me. He gets frustrated. So I take the wheel and order.
8. What's your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate it?
I love Christmas. I love that it is something that changes the whole look and feel of my house. I love the music. I love the preparation. I don't always love the shopping, but I do love the rest. We celebrate by decorating the house, with several trees. One in the living room, and one in each of the kids rooms. We put out our big nativity set in the house. We play a lot of Christmas music and I bake lots of goodies. Mike puts out Christmas lights on the house. We do the Elf on the Shelf thing and we exchange gifts on Christmas. Santa comes to visit too, of course.
9. Which is correct? Left or right?
Ah, the Left, definitely.
10. Do you have any scars?
I have one on my arm from when I was a child and cut it on the back of a mini frig in a hostess house. We were moving from Kansas City, Mo. and staying there and I hid behind it and cut my arm. I have a c-section scar from the 4 c-sections. I have a scar from having my gallbladder removed. I'm sure I have some other small ones here and there. I had stitches on my forehead from having a dirt clod with a rock hidden inside it, thrown at my head. Some sweet neighbor boys launched an attack when I was a little girl.
11. What's the most famous thing you've ever done?
I got to meet President Bush a couple times once on the White House lawn and once in the Oval Office. I also won the Christmas card contest held by Marine One Helicopter Squadron. My paintings were selected to be the Card design. Two years in a row. I was able to tour Camp David twice. It was a lot of fun.
Now I'm supposed to tag even more bloggers to participate. I don't think I can. Really, I don't think I can.
Only my family read my blog.
Thanks Cristina! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to know that you're reading my posts. So please leave a comment!