Wednesday, February 19, 2014

S'mores Cookies

You must make this cookie!  I am not kidding. You will love this cookie!
The great thing about this cookie, is it's really like having a campfire s'more, and even the next day it's still yummy and gooey.
Delicious.
Trust me on this.  Bake it!
Here's the link:


I made a batch of these. I had 31 cookies. Noah wanted to have some cookies for his last book club meeting at school.  He took 14 to school for his friends to eat at the meeting.  I'm sure they will be loved. There's just nothing like a campfire s'more and a good book.






  • Here's Martha Stewart's Recipe: 

  • S'more's Cookies
  • INGREDIENTS
  • 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
  • 1 cup whole-wheat flour (spooned and leveled)
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup light-brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, cut into 30 squares
  • 15 large marshmallows, halved horizontally

DIRECTIONS

  1. STEP 1

    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, pulse oats until finely ground. Add flours, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; pulse to combine. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, scraping down side of bowl. With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture just until combined.
  2. STEP 2

    Drop dough by tablespoons, 1 inch apart, onto two baking sheets. Top each with a chocolate square. Bake just until lightly golden, 11 to 13 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Remove sheets from oven; heat broiler. Top each cookie with a marshmallow. One sheet at a time, broil until marshmallows are lightly browned, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.

I always love that Cristina (my sister in law) throws in a photo or two of the kids regardless  of the post content. I'm throwing in a couple of the kids.  These cookies would be delicious after a day of snow play like this. Enjoy the kids in the snow cuteness. :-)


1 comment:

  1. That is one impressive snow dog! I'll have to try these cookies with the kids, I wish I had the recipe before I chucked out our marshmallow remnants the other day :) I made the Carolina bbq recipe you sent out for Chris for Valentines Day and he loved it so keep the recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know that you're reading my posts. So please leave a comment!