The family that tie dyes together, well, they wear tie dye shirts together!
We had a really fun time tie dyeing shirts yesterday. We made red ones too, that were going to be our swim team shirts for swim meets, but the red looks a lot more pinkish than we'd like.
We will show those shirts when they're done being washed and dried and spruced up.
Mike doesn't have one of these shirts, he's not really a tie dye kinda guy, but I think we may make him one anyway.
Oh, and you may be wondering why my shirt looks a little more pastel.
After the kids had used the dye there was a shortage, so in an attempt to have enough to even dye my shirt I had to water down what was remaining. I like it well enough though. It matches my shorts.
Well done! What was the ease to mess ratio? Is this something I should do outside with the children?
ReplyDeleteVery nice shirts! How long did it all take and where do you get fabric dye anymore?
ReplyDelete