Friday, May 17, 2013

Madison's First Communion

“I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.” – John 6:51


 Saturday, May 11, 2013 
Madison received her first communion.  It was Mother's Day weekend which made the weekend all that much more special. Madison looked beautiful.  She surprised me and really didn't seem all that nervous about it.  I thought she might be scared, but she was excited and confident.

 I made her veil.  I just didn't like what I saw and decided it would be easy enough to make one myself and get just what I wanted.  So we got a  veil from the Hobby Lobby and then I hot glued on a hair comb and embellished it with rinestones and the little flowers you can see on the front. I like it because it's simple but elegant.
 She wore a pair of earrings that my mother in law gave me for my birthday. 
She wore this bracelet that my mom made for her. It was a mixture of old and new. It's made with new beads and old religious medals.  One of them is a vintage first communion medal.  It's really neat and looked really cute.

 Each of the girls carried a rose in to the Church and left it at the feet of the Mary statue. It was a beautiful gesture to honor Mary.




 Madison was one of the four kids chosen to carry the gifts up to the alter.



I love this photo. It's so precious.








 We were so glad that my friend Tricia could be there. The kids love her and she is a big help with Max and Nathan. Max slept in her arms through most of the mass.

 Father Wooten said the mass. The kids really like him.  He's a very nice man.

Finally...our family photo from the day.  Thanks to Tricia, who snapped it for us.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the one of Madison receiving too! And is Noah taller than Mike all of a sudden or are they just standing funny? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures of Madison! She looks way to grown up!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know that you're reading my posts. So please leave a comment!