Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

We had a great Christmas.  We went to the children's vigil mass on Christmas Eve.  Then we came home and made pizza.  We let the kids open the gifts they had each gotten each other. Only one present each.
This is Nathan with his Jedi opened on Christmas Eve.


Then the kids got ready for bed and prepared to toss and turn until finally falling asleep sometime around midnight.  Mike and I stayed up kind of late.  I hung snowflakes from the ceiling in the living room.  So the kids would be surprised in the morning.  Mike watched as I hung them.  (Thanks Mike) ;-)


 Noah opening his gift from Nathan.  Jedi to replace the ones he has broke the lightsabers on.

 The tree with presents from us under it.


 Then off to bed we went... we were awaken at 2:30 AM, but the kids were promptly sent back to bed.  Then when Nathan got up at 7AM we all got up and started the unwrapping.  In an effort to extend the fun of opening gifts.  We really moved things along slowly.  Each unwrapping one at a time and then stopping to really look at each present.  We took a few breaks for making breakfast and then eating it.  I made a breakfast pizza.  It was delicious.  Nathan really was fun this Christmas.  He loves Star Wars Jedi figures and anything Star Wars.  He kept asking if the presents had Jedi in them.  If he opened one and there weren't Jedi in it.  He would drop it and make a pouty face.  He recovered quickly and then would pick up the non-Star Wars toy, but was clearly disappointed if it wasn't a Je




 Before Santa

After Santa

 Mike looking through his stocking.


 Nathan opening Jedi figures


 
Noah opening his Harry Potter Snatcher Wand.


 Mike's heated throw blanket.  He got this from me and the girls for Christmas.


 I made Maddie a dog training apron.  She can put treats and stuff in it. She loves this!  She kept asking for a dog training kit, to train Sulley.


 Grace got an ice cream shop play food set to use with her American Girl dolls.


 A little wooden table and chairs for her dolls.


 Justin Beiber CDs for each of the girls.


Anakin light saber for Nathan and a Luke one for Noah.


 Nathan got a stuffed Curious George and some Curious George books and a puzzle.



Noah  holding his favorite new Beyblade that came with this DS game.

Here I am trying on my new sweater from Mike. It's very nice and warm.  I wore it on our walk at the battlefield  yesterday and it is such a good warm sweater.


After all was opened, we got cleaned up, I put on my new clothes from Mike and we tried out Madison's cotton candy machine!  It works great and is a lot of fun!

Everyone then went off to play with all their new stuff.  

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great Christmas! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Maddie's dog training apron! That is so cute! It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Hopefully we can come down next week before Chris goes back to school and play with your new stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know that you're reading my posts. So please leave a comment!