I have long talked about wanting to take photos for people as a business. I think mostly my feelings of not being good enough or not getting enough good photos taken for someone has held me back. I don't have the luxury of a photo studio with amazing lighting. So I am at the mercy of natural light and that's a little daunting.
I did put myself out there last Friday and said I would take photos for some families here in the neighborhood. I have had 3 people contact me to schedule photo sessions. I am going to take family photos of two families on the beach and the other lady wants me to take pregnancy photos for her, and later baby photos. So I have been practicing on my kids. I took them to the beach twice once in the morning and once in the late afternoon. I bought a lot of black velvet and I practiced in a couple spots in my house to test out my lighting. I got a lot of nice photos. I am feeling fairly confident that I will do well.
It's exciting to be starting this business and I really hope that I can make a lot of people some nice photos to hang on their walls. I have some ideas to promote myself, but I am not going to bore you, right now. I'll show you some of my favorite photos from the last three days. It takes me a while to upload so I have to pick just a few. Enjoy!
Those are great! Good on you to start a business. You take AMAZING photos :) Good luck with it. I asked for a camera for my birthday and hope to get a new photoshop program soon so I can start doing the same :)
ReplyDeleteThe kids are beautiful and are getting so big!